Thursday 7 May 2015

Off to the polls!

I don't think it was very wise planning to hold a Parents Evening on the same night as the country goes to the polls to vote, especially as the school is right next door to the Polling station! We'd already been to vote in our village when Sophie and I had got home from work as we realised that leaving it until later in the evening after we'd been to the school wouldn't work.

We had appointments to see Mike's teachers at about 5.30pm, peak time for people to be stopping off to vote on their way home from work! The area was absolute mayhem, but by some miracle we managed to park and get into the school without mishap!

Mike's teachers were generally happy with his progress but they did say if he tried a bit harder he would get great results. He saw several of his friends and there was a fair bit of banter between them as we awaited our turn for the short meetings.

We were finished by 6pm and heading home for curried chicken (and a prawn one for me). I always say I'll try and stay up to watch the election results but I never do! I was too sleepy!

No comments: