Monday 11 May 2015

Cleaning up!

Today, we had to get down and do some cleaning as the tube slides were very dusty indeed and the framework needed a good scrub to get rid of the dirt that had accumulated since we'd last paid any attention to them.

Dad made a start and after all the normal Monday jobs were done and I'd made roast beef sandwiches for everyone, I helped out by hoovering everywhere. Of course, today was warm and sunny so it was hot work!

Keith and Ian spent the morning trying to repair a worn out section of flooring with a patch. It wasn't a great look but it was better than people tripping over it, which was a worry!

After work it was off to the dentist for the kids and me. All of us had our teeth cleaned which we all hate! Sophie lay in the chair with her hands clenched and I can honestly say that when it was time for us to go we heaved a huge sigh of relief!

Back home and just about to take Keith to the pub, we realised we had no milk, and I needed at least a pint to make Macaroni cheese this evening. I was not happy as I wish I'd known earlier because I would have called into a shop on the way home from the dentist! I dropped Keith at the pub and decided to go and get the car washed at a nearby garage which also sold milk.

My extended trip meant I arrived home with barely enough time to make dinner so my relaxing evening had well and truly disappeared! Sophie and I made the Macaroni between us and then I dashed off to pick Keith up from the pub. Needless to say it was down to the men to wash up and clear away tonight!

No comments: