Friday 25 July 2014

Time drags...

The roads were certainly quieter this morning as I drove into work! Bliss!

It's been a long, hot day today and the time has dragged. Sophie sent me a Facebook message this morning saying she was a bit sunburnt and her feet hurt so I phoned her and we had a chat. I just think she had too much sun on the beach yesterday and was a bit tired as later in the day we had another catch-up and she seemed much better.

Mum and I went over to the bank mid-morning and treated ourselves to a cup of coffee in BB's - it's been a long time since we did that! The afternoon dragged as the weather has, yet again, been beautiful and although we had customers in, we were still quiet with not a lot going on. We couldn't go home as we were covering Reception for a couple of hours but at 4pm I left to go to the gym for a facial in the Beauty Salon.

I was really looking forward to relaxing for an hour, but although enjoyable, it wasn't as good as some of the treatments I've had in the past. At one point, the therapist just sat behind me for what seemed like an eternity which made me wonder what she was doing...Instead of lying there drifting away on a cloud of relaxation, I lay there imagining all sorts of things! She asked me if I minded product in my hair and made it clear that it would be easier for her if I let her slather my tresses with oil, so I emerged from the salon with hair like the wild woman of Borneo. I managed to scrape it all into a top-knot and scuttled back to the car terrified of meeting someone I knew!

When I arrived home Keith hit me with the news that he'd cancelled seeing Dave and was waiting for me to get ready so we could have a drink at The White Horse instead. It was a bit of a shock as I'd imagined getting home and just doing nothing so I had to jump in the bath and wash out all the oil in my hair.

Before we went out, I called Sophie and she seemed so much happier than she did this morning. It's amazing what a day of rest and a lot of sleep can achieve! We had a chat and then Keith and I walked up to the pub for a couple of drinks. It was quite disconcerting to see a number of regulars from The Royal Oak in there as well and I fear that a lot of people who drink in Walgrave are making their way to Old instead...

We had an extremely enjoyable hour chatting and enjoying the great atmosphere before strolling home in the evening sunshine. Another week is over!

No comments: