Saturday 5 July 2014

Easing slowly into the weekend...

I woke up this morning with a bit of a sore head! Leaving Keith in bed I went downstairs, took some Nurofen with a strong cup of coffee and gradually returned to normality!

The weather this morning has been a bit grim so it was a good time to tackle some housework and then Keith and I went for a walk over the fields. Keith felt a bit fragile as well and thought that a ramble would clear his head. Luckily, the rain held off as we walked although it was warm and muggy.

We met Liam on the way back who was attempting both sides of the reservoir (the nature side and the public side). It's a long walk, and probably about 14 miles in all so we both thought he was very brave, especially after a heavy night!

After our walk, I watched some of the Tour de France which is taking place in Yorkshire at the moment. It was very strange seeing the local landmarks described in French on the television! At 3pm we left to go to the gym for a much-needed swim and the pool was much quieter than last week despite the spa being very busy.

After getting home the sky cleared and we sat in the garden for a while with Monty and soaked up the late afternoon sunshine. I was really glad I'd done some exercise today and my foot hadn't hurt at all, so let's hope it's back to normal service!

No comments: