Monday 28 July 2014

Famous last words!

Monday has rolled around again and after being awake in the night I found it difficult to get up this morning! I had to be up pretty early, though, as Keith and I had to take the Audi in to Chips Away for the scuffs to be fixed. I was looking forward to having the car back all shiny and looking better!

After we dropped the car off I went into work and Keith took the Mini home as he was planning on walking around the Nature Reserve again. We had a quiet day at work and just before lunch Mum and I popped to the bank and then we went down to Homebase as Mum was looking to buy a sun parasol for the garden.

Summer, of course, is now officially over for retailers and I was a bit surprised not to see any Christmas decorations on display! There were just a few odds and ends of garden furniture left but Mum did manage to find a parasol she liked and she joked that by buying it the weather would change...famous last words!

After lunch I tackled the looooong list of questions the Solicitor acting for us in the sale had sent. Some of them I couldn't even understand and dealt with leases, boundaries and obscure things I'd never heard of. I suggested to Dad that I do what I could and then they could pop around one evening and we'd do the ones that took more thought. Over a bottle of wine, of course! And by the end we wouldn't much care anyway!

As we drove home the heavens opened and we had a burst of torrential rain...the parasol was working already! Whilst waiting for Chips Away to call me I cleaned our bedroom and hoovered upstairs which gave me a small glow of satisfaction as I'd intended to do it yesterday and never got around to it. Today has been much cooler and has given me some much needed energy!

At 5pm we collected my car and I was thrilled with the results. The scuffs had completely gone and the car looked lovely. We drove home, I finished off cleaning and took Keith to the pub. Mikey had gone to Brixworth to see some friends so I had the house to myself for an hour. Bliss!

No comments: