Saturday 12 July 2014

The F word...

Today didn't go as planned and my plans to have a leisurely afternoon by myself were well and truly thwarted!

The day started off a little misty but by 9am the sun was out and it was shaping up to be a hot day which was certainly not as forecast! Sophie was due in at work today and Keith and Mikey were supposed to have been going to watch football this afternoon, but work called to say that Sophie wasn't needed and Mikey changed his mind about going to the match and then cancelled his plans of going to see some friends!

I took the opportunity to varnish our front door and hot work it was, too! I had a quick chat with Liam who was heading off to do both sides of Pitsford again. I didn't envy him one bit, I have to admit. My idea of exercise in this sort of heat is a lovely refreshing swim, which is what Sophie and I did after we'd dropped Keith off at his football ground.

The gym was very quiet and the slow lane empty so we had an enjoyable swim in the cool water followed by a dip in the jacuzzi. Afterwards, Sophie treated me to a cup of tea in Costa Coffee, then it was time to pick Keith up (the Northampton Cobblers beat Sileby Rangers 9-0!) and he suggested we call Mikey and ask if he wanted to join us at the pub in Walgrave for a drink.

The pub was also very quiet except for one couple who were in with their little girl who amused herself by loudly blowing bubbles into her drink... Mikey walked down from home and joined us and we had a couple of drinks before heading home to prepare dinner and then sit in the garden. The sky looked very ominous and I was hoping for a big storm to clear the muggy air.

We'd decided to theme our dinner and Saturday evening around the F word...namely fajitas and Forrest Gump, with fresh cheesecake to follow (it was all we could think of for dessert, fruit having no attraction for my two!). I cooked dinner which Sophie said was delicious (it's her favourite!) and the film was great although by 10.30pm I was full of fatigue and went off to bed!


No comments: