Tuesday 15 July 2014

All change...

I think that 2014 will ultimately be the year of change. This year so far, we've had two new sets of neighbours with another set soon to move in, my Uncle has moved to Cyprus permanently, Sophie has left school and this morning Keith phoned me to say that he's sold the Passat and will be getting rid of it tomorrow.

Although I haven't driven it for a while, it will still be a wrench to see it go. I have so many happy memories of the car as we drove down to the South of France two years ago and ventured into Spain for the day. It's been to Bruges in Belgium and Arras in France and we took the car to the Somme to find Keith's Great-Uncle's grave. We also drove into Holland after a visit to Bruges and of course, I've driven it all over the UK.

It's been a lovely car, with hardly any problems (apart from the time it came home on a low-loader from London!) and it's beautiful to drive and very comfortable. In a way, my Audi A4 is a newer version of the Passat and is very similar.

In France visiting War Graves

On the way to Lindisfarne

At Chez Pierrot, France


Snowy day!

Market Place, Arras

On the way home from work Sophie and I called into Homesense to buy a giftcard as it's Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary tomorrow. We had a good mooch about smelling all the candles and looking at the lovely things for sale. I treated us to a bar of chocolate with salt and caramel. It sounded horrible but it tasted lovely!

Before going home we took the car through the carwash and it looked beautiful when they'd finished!


No comments: