Wednesday 30 July 2014

Not really doing a lot...

Today I have been mostly doing...very little!

Keith came into work with me and while I opened up he mowed the grass in the car park before it became really hot. As soon as we were able, we went over to the bank, popped into Tesco to buy dinner and then went home to collect Mikey as he wanted to spend the afternoon in Brixworth again.

We weren't busy at work so Keith and I drove to Jones's where we bought a few bits for Mikey's Army Camp which is getting ever nearer. We went back to work for lunch and then popped down to Black's on Riverside where we bought him some tent pegs. While we were there Keith had a look at the walking boots and treated himself to a pair as at the moment he's either borrowing mine or using a pair of very old boots that are definitely past their best!

From Black's we went into town and parked near Abington Square as I wanted to go to the Schoolwear shop there and get Mikey's new blazer. We just have one weekend between now and when he goes back to school and John Lewis didn't have his size in stock. I was actually glad as the shop in Northampton stocked the school's blazers with the badge already sewn onto the chest pocket! I bought a pack of shirts and so we were all done as he's only just had new trousers.

Back at work we had a quick chat with Mum and Dad who had popped in and then it was time to go home where I had a Facebook chat with Sophie (she'd bought an enormous hat!) and then Mum and Dad came around for a glass of wine and some nibbles. We'd planned on going through the questions from the Solicitor but none of us felt like tackling them so we just concentrated on drinking wine and feeling fine in the early evening sunshine!

As we'd snacked on tortilla chips and dips, Keith and I abandoned dinner and finished off the cheese and biscuits we'd started yesterday. I opened a beautiful bottle of French red wine and we had a very relaxing evening!

No comments: