Wednesday 2 July 2014

Scots v Irish

Today has been a long, slow, hot day at work and I'm really glad I have the next couple of days off! Sophie was in with Keith and I today and the poor girl was bored on Reception...but at least she was earning some money for her travels! 

I helped Keith tidy up the grass in the car park and in our garden first thing, before it grew too warm. Our little garden area was looking very untidy indeed, so we cut the grass, I wiped down the furniture and threw out some old chairs that had been left in the corner. By the time we finished it looked so much better and I didn't mind customers going out there to enjoy the sun!

We were at work until the bitter end again today and to make matters worse, we had to do the cleaning before we left as our daily cleaner is off to Egypt tomorrow! I did some hoovering but there wasn't that much to be done so we left at about 6.30pm and gave Polly a lift home. When I got in I poured myself a glass of Leffe and sat with Keith in the conservatory for a chat before we made dinner. Both of us had had a busy day and it was bliss to sit and relax for half an hour!

After dinner I suggested to Keith that we sample the new Irish Whiskey I bought in Duncan's shop on Saturday. I thought it was delicious, really smooth and soft and Keith liked it as well. However, when we poured a small measure of Bushmills, the difference was startling! Keith said that the Teeling was like a woman, whereas the Bushmills was like a man! I had to agree with him!

We didn't stop at the two Irish Whiskies though...we sampled my other four Scottish Malts which included Talisker, Jura, Auchentoshan and my Highland Park. My favourite was still the Irish Teeling with the Jura a close second. Keith loved the Auchentoshan which he'd bought for me, so maybe that's a gift idea for the future!




No comments: