Thursday 10 July 2014

Evening walk

It's been a long, hot day at work today with not much going on, which meant that Sophie, who was in with me, moaned for most of it and refused to stay until 6pm to help out with the party. There was another Teachers' strike on today so Mikey was off school, but because the weather was so lovely, we weren't as busy as I hoped.

Sophie wanted to go for a walk as soon as we arrived home but I refused as the temperature was showing 24c and I was already hot! I promised we would go later in the evening, after dinner. Keith and I went to Tesco as I was in desperate need of coffee for my machine and I put some diesel in my car on the way home - yet another fill-up!

Back at home Keith and I planned our meals for the weekend and played cards in the conservatory with all the doors and windows open to catch the cooling breeze. The rain that was supposed to have affected us today never came.

After dinner, as promised, I went with Soph and Mikey over the fields and we had a lovely walk as it was much cooler. I took some photos and as soon as they appear on my Google+ account I'll post them on here!

No comments: