Saturday 26 July 2014

Birthday celebrations!

It's been another hot and sunny day today and most of the time we did very little. I kept going out into the garden as I felt I should have been doing something out there, but it was just too warm to do anything strenuous. If I'm honest, I did miss Sophie being around! Keith and I did sit out in the afternoon to soak up some sun and it was very pleasant indeed!

In the evening we went around to Sarah and Liam's house for the birthday celebrations and we had a great time. Although ominous clouds had arrived as the afternoon wore on, the threatened rain never appeared and it stayed dry and warm. The beer and wine flowed and the food was delicious so we were very well looked after. Gill and Tim, with their daughter Phoebe, came along as well and it was great to catch up with them after their move back in January.

We left at about 11.00pm and sat with Mikey to watch an episode of "Scrubs". Just as I was drifting off to sleep, Sophie called and we had a chat. She was feeling a bit homesick again and next Thursday can't come soon enough!

No comments: