Sunday 20 July 2014

More goodbyes...

So, the day I've dreaded has arrived and the morning was spent doing housework while Sophie did her last bit of packing and getting ready. I was giving her friends Jack and Laura a lift to the airport and I really wasn't looking forward to the journey down to Gatwick! At least they were staying overnight which I thought was a great idea as travelling down tomorrow morning, in rush hour, would have been fraught with difficulties!

We made good time to the airport with only a bit of stickiness around Heathrow. We saw a Virgin Atlantic flight take off and soar into the sky and I did marvel at how these enormous machines manage to take off and stay airborne! Best not to think too much about that!

Sophie and her five friends were staying at the Premier Inn in the North Terminal (where we stayed last year) and drop-off was very easy. I gave my daughter a big hug and did shed a couple of tears. I will miss her like crazy!

Amazingly I found my way out of the busy airport and back onto the M23 easily...normally I do a couple of circuits of the area before finding my way! Once back on the M25 I stopped at the first services and bought myself a sandwich and the Sunday papers. The whole area was very busy indeed with lots of people looking like they were either going or coming back from holidays.

The journey back, although busy, was good and I was home before 5pm. Keith suggested a drink at the pub but I preferred to stay at home and have a glass of wine. He'd already been down to the pub in the village with Mikey today, anyway!

After dinner of Shepherd's pie (Sophie never keen on this particular dish) we watched Captain Phillips which we both really enjoyed. It was certainly good at taking my mind off my daughter's impending departure to Barcelona tomorrow!

No comments: