Friday 4 July 2014

Friday frolics!

Today has been very relaxed and enjoyable - just as a day off should be!

Sophie and I went off to Milton Keynes mid morning and I managed to get my holiday shopping off to a good start by buying a lovely top that Sophie spotted, and two bras. We had a quick break in M&S for something to eat which would keep us going until we had lunch later at Las Iguanas and then resumed our shopping.

I needed a new swimsuit and I managed to find a lovely pair of white linen trousers and a floaty kaftan top to wear around the pool. After we'd shopped in M&S we went to New Look and Sophie bought herself a lovely dress for her holiday while I spotted a pair of wedge heel sandals.

By 2pm we were all shopped out so we took our bags back to the car and walked to Las Iguanas which was about ten minutes away. The streets were thronged with office workers enjoying their lunch hour in the sunshine, so it was a very pleasant walk and much better than taking the car and trying to find a space.

Las Iguanas was quiet and we chose to sit inside as although the weather was sunny and warm, it was very breezy. We enjoyed a lovely meal - nachos with chicken to start followed by flatbread stuffed with chicken and salad and served with curly fries. My demon of a daughter persuaded me to have ice cream for dessert so we were stuffed when we got up to go home! I'm so glad we decided to shop first!

The M1 was at a standstill so we drove back to Northampton via Newport Pagnell and Olney. It made a pleasant change from hurtling down the motorway!

In the evening we went out for a drink with Sarah and Liam to the Malt Shovel in town. After the lovely dry weather we'd had all day the rain arrived just as we were setting out...typical! The pub was very busy but we managed to grab a table and had a great evening with the men enjoying a succession of beers, some of them with very strange names indeed! I stuck to wine as I thought that drinking gassy Belgian beers on a full stomach would not be a good idea!

We invited our friends in for a nightcap when we got home and just had the one whiskey...I think it was a good idea as I already felt pretty tipsy!

No comments: