Wednesday 16 July 2014

Saying goodbye...

This morning, as soon as Polly came in, Keith, Sophie and I took the Passat to the motor dealer who was buying her. I felt very sad to see her go, but she needs so much work that it's the best thing to do. A wise motor mechanic once said to me, "Never get emotionally attached to cars", and he was right!

After we'd taken the Passat we drove to Jones's where I bought mountains of socks for work. A lot of the children visit us with just sandals on so we need to keep an ample supply of socks for them to wear as they whizz down our slides!

It's been another very sultry and warm day with the afternoon clouding over and becoming very humid. Keith and I tackled the long grass at the front of our building as it badly needed a cut. I took over the mowing from him while he strimmed the awkward bits and it was hot, hard work! I would hate to be a gardener at this time of year!

We left work early and Keith and I went off to Tesco as he had to pick up a prescription from the chemist there. I was tempted by a sales demonstration of knives but near the end Keith started to champ at the bit and made me leave...I would have received a free vegetable knife if I'd stuck it out!

When we got home Keith, Sophie and I walked up to the pub in Old for a drink and very pleasant it was too! I hate to say it, but I prefer The White Horse to The Royal Oak at the moment!

No comments: