Saturday 30 November 2013

Gardening and gossip!

I woke at 9am this morning after my late night and woke Sophie up as she had an appointment at the nail salon at 11am. I had planned on going to St Albans, to the Christmas market there, but by the time we left the salon it was midday and too late, I felt, to drive down the M1.

As it was such a beautiful day we went off to Meerkat Harborough and had lunch at Caffe Nero. The place was packed and the town itself was busy with people Christmas shopping. We had a mooch about the shops but I just wasn't in the mood today so we returned to the car and drove home. I really wanted to get out into the garden and clear away all the leaves so after a chat with Sue who was doing the same thing, I changed into a warmer top and ventured outside.

I swept up almost a whole wheelie bin full of leaves and chatted to Sue as we worked. Gill also came out and told us that her and Tim had bought a house and were due to move in January. Sometimes it's great to get outside and meet the neighbours and glean some useful information! Which reminds me, whilst I was talking to Sue another woman walked past with a dog very similar to Sue's Bailey (a cockapoo) and stopped for a chat but she didn't acknowledge my presence at all - she didn't even look in my direction! Afterwards I wondered why! I had just got home from shopping so wasn't dressed in my bag lady clothes so couldn't have been mistaken for a tramp who'd wandered onto the estate by accident! Some people are very strange so I don't think I'll be getting a Christmas card from this lovely lady!

After doing the gardening (and feeling pleased with myself for clearing away about a ton of leaves) I washed the mud off my car (surely Keith drove it across a field last night?) just as the light began to fade. Mum and Dad called me and said they had some stuff that needed to be taken into work tomorrow so they popped in and had a drink with us while Keith watched Newcastle play West Bromwich Albion. It was a very pleasant end to a very pleasant day...and an end to yet another month!

No comments: