Saturday 23 November 2013

Stressful Saturday

I often wonder what it must be like to wake up on a Saturday morning and not have to worry about phone calls from work (I had about eight this morning) or whether staff have called in sick. Unfortunately, we were already short-staffed today and the girl who let us down last night, also let us down this morning. It meant that I might have had to have given up my Saturday to go into work - not a pleasant prospect!

Keith and I took Sophie into work and then went off to Booker to get some things that were needed, before heading off to the bank (never a good idea on a Saturday!). When we got back things were under control so we left to go home, but on the way my phone rang. It was Sophie saying that the hot plate wasn't working and could we come back?

I was already in a bad mood and this put me into a complete grump so I told Sophie to call my Dad as repairing hot plates is not really my thing! To cut a long story short, Dad called into work and sorted it out, but it really set the tone for the whole day.

Back at home I changed Mikey and Sophie's beds and hoovered the whole house before doing some research on my family tree. I had an appointment at Virgin's beauty salon at 4pm to tackle my unruly eyebrows and then, before picking Sophie up from work I drove to a local garden centre to buy some new lights for the mantelpiece as the ones we had on there stopped working a couple of weeks ago. It seemed like the whole garden centre had been taken over by Christmas and I was spoilt for choice when it came to little twinkling lights! Luckily, they had the exact ones I wanted and on the way to the tills I spotted a little artificial tree complete with snow and lights that would look great outside the front door! Hmmm...I may have to make a trip back!

Today wasn't all bad, though, as Keith and I walked up to the pub when I got back from picking up Sophie and had a couple of drinks. The pub has recently been refurbished and we liked the new decor as it seemed a lot cosier than it used to...and a lot warmer!

No comments: