Saturday 2 November 2013

Flying leaves!

Today has been a bit stormy!

In the evening I took Sophie and two of her friends over to the village of Hollowell as they have a large bonfire and firework display and it was certainly a wild and woolly night! I do like the road over to Hollowell - it's a bit twisty and turny and I took the Passat as I really didn't want Sophie's friends to be squeezed into the back of the Audi. I'd forgotten how good it is to drive, despite having over 170,000 miles on the clock!

When I got home Keith was watching the football, Mikey was hogging my laptop and I felt a bit sad I wasn't going out to a firework display...Normally our village would have something on but for some reason it's been delayed until next Friday - and Sophie wants to go to that one as well!

We ordered a Chinese takeaway tonight as there was just the three of us and the wind nearly blew me away as I went to pick it up. There are leaves everywhere at the moment and I wonder how many fall every year!

I picked the kids up at 9pm and they'd had a great time, but they were all a bit cold! It was home to the last of the apple crumble and a warming glass of whisky!

No comments: