Thursday 14 November 2013

Bag Lady, begone!

Today has been another day of cleaning, this time all the framework, including the top levels which was a bit hairy! Keith helped enormously by getting up on the ladders and dusting the very tops of the scaffolding, showering everything with dust which floated to the ground like snow!

Mum and Dad came in today and although mum was still a bit stiff from the operation, she cleaned all the chairs and tables while dad mopped the floors and shampooed the carpets. By the time we open tomorrow the place should be immaculate!

By the end of today I felt like a bag lady...my feet were black from where I'd removed my shoes to crawl over the framework, my hair resembled a bush and my clothes were covered in dust. I couldn't wait to get home, have a long soak in a hot bath and wash my hair! All my clothes went into the wash bin as they were so dusty!

Keith treated me to a couple of drinks at the Queen's Arms in Orlingbury which was very pleasant indeed! The pub was blissfully quiet and we had a good chat about our day, both of us pleased with the progress that had been made. The floor is all finished now but we won't open until tomorrow afternoon to make sure the place is as clean as possible. I have to admit to enjoying the peace and quiet this week without customers...!!

No comments: