Friday 8 November 2013

Frantic Friday!

Just lately, mornings at work have been very hectic, and today was no exception! We had a meeting with a husband and wife photographic team at 10am as they're interested in coming to work and taking photos of children playing or attending Birthday parties. It's something that lots of other play centres are doing so it's about time we do it too!

I tried to get some office work done today, in between clearing tables and manning Reception. The weather changed dramatically in the afternoon and it poured with rain so when I went to pick Sophie up from school I tried (but failed) to get as close to the school as I could. Of course, my daughter wasn't happy that I was parked far away so we had a short, very sharp argument when she got into the car. As I'd been driving around trying to find a space I was not in the mood for her moans!

The bad mood extended to the gym so we went our separate ways - she went off to the pool to swim while I stayed upstairs and did my weights and exercises. By the time I went down to the spa she was changing so I spent a very pleasant half hour relaxing in the steam room and the jacuzzi, letting all the frustrations of the day just melt away.

Back in the changing rooms I met Sarah and we had a chat about teenage girls...maybe it's a good thing when they go off to University! By the time I re-joined my daughter she was in a much better mood so obviously the time apart was very beneficial!

I had a quick chat in the car park with Liam about pubs (anybody would think we both liked a drink!) and then it was back home to prepare dinner. Mikey was at a Bonfire party so he was out for the night...my children are growing up fast!


No comments: