Friday 29 November 2013

Ahoy, me hearties!

This week has flown past yet again and it's very hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day of November. Where has this month gone?

We were a bit busier at work today which was good but it was great to get away at 4pm, go home and have a long hot bath. Tonight was another Come Dine With Me dinner, at Andrea's house, with the theme being a nautical one. Sophie did my make-up for me and then I dressed in my own black trousers, but using the Fancy Dress shirt and felt boot coverings. I borrowed a scarlet scarf from Sophie and tied a red bandana around my head and I have to say I was rather pleased with the result! I even had a parrot on my arm!

On the way to Andrea's house we took Mikey to Gibraltar Barracks as he is off on an Army cadet weekend. We still had half an hour to spare so I called Lynda and offered to give her a lift, which she gratefully accepted. She was also dressed as a pirate but had a plastic duck taped to her shoulder!

When we arrived at Andrea's house she was dressed very smartly in a Captain's outfit while Fiona was brilliant as a deep sea diver! She was even wearing huge flippers and had two coke bottles strapped to her back as oxygen tanks! After we'd sipped Mojitos Andrea called us to the table for warm bread dipped in balsamic vinegar and olive oil accompanied by stuffed olives. Andrea's starter was scallops served with prosciutto on a bed of salad and it was such a treat to eat scallops. They were beautifully cooked.

Our feathered friends joined in the meal...

Naturally we had a good gossip (our children being the main topic of conversation) and enjoyed a delicious fish pie, wilted spinach, baby carrots and parsnip chips. After a decent interval (we were all a bit stuffed) we had a gorgeous dessert of white chocolate and raspberry mousse accompanied by little shortbread fishy fingers. It was a lovely meal and Andrea had worked very hard to make it enjoyable for us.




After we'd eaten we played a shark game in which you had to roll a dice and hook out an object from the shark's mouth. Push the different items too far into the shark's mouth and it would close and bite you!

Lynda and Andrea playing the shark game!

Keith (and Sophie) came to pick us up at nearly midnight and we gave Lynda and Fiona a lift home. It had been a brilliant night and next up is me! Help!

No comments: