Sunday 3 November 2013

Boring cleaning!

I couldn't put off doing some cleaning today as the house was in a real mess! Mikey has trodden mud all over the carpets and there were more leaves inside than out! Keith took Sophie to work so I could just get on and do it without any interruption.

I worked until about 2pm and felt a sense of satisfaction when I'd finished as most of the stuff that had been irritating me for ages had been dealt with! Paperwork that just gets left on the table, dirty windows in the kitchen, mystery blobs of unidentifiable goo that nobody else seemed to notice and a trail of hot chocolate up the stairs and the wall (I know the culprit of that one!). It amazes me how dirty the house becomes and how little everybody else does about it!

The cleanliness will last for a couple of days and this time next week all my hard work will be undone! It was lovely, though, to get home from picking Sophie up from work, light the candles in the living room, pour a glass of red wine and watch a film!

No comments: