Monday 4 November 2013

Boring cleaning...again!

Today was time to take down the Halloween decorations but we are not putting up any Christmas ones yet!

As our cleaner at work had taken today off, it was down to us to do the cleaning which took up most of the afternoon. I took everything out of my car and I felt nothing at all, which surprised me. It was a bit like returning a hire car so my decision to change it is definitely the right one.

Keith and I went to pick up the children from school and miraculously, Mikey remembered he was meeting us! He didn't fancy coming to get the new car with us so he stayed at work and then Mum and Dad took him home.

I was very excited and a bit nervous, especially as the sun was really low in the sky, making driving difficult. I needn't have worried as we were in the dealership for over an hour and the sun had long disappeared by the time we emerged!

We dealt with lots more paperwork and then the handover man gave me a thorough session going through all the features of my new car. Many of them were the same as they were in the A1 (the stop-start system, the information screen) but I had some new ones such as cruise control and Bluetooth for my phone which was amazing. It means my phone is now connected to the car and I can use my voice to dial numbers and answer the phone without taking my hands off the steering wheel. Sophie was extremely impressed with all the gadgets - I even have a different floor in the boot for wet stuff! - and loves it as much as I do, which is a complete change from the previous car!

The registration plate transfer is going through so that was all dealt with and as soon as I receive the relevant paperwork I have to pop back to Audi to get the plates changed. All plans to go the gym were forgotten as we didn't leave the dealership until about 5.30pm and then we had to battle our way through the traffic go back to work, lock up and collect Keith's car. I followed him home so it was well past 6pm when we eventually walked through the door. Our dinner plans changed as there was no way he was going to make a chicken and mushroom pie at that time of the night so it was cold meat for us and lasagne for the kids. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to the school run tomorrow!

No comments: