Monday 25 November 2013

Deck the halls!

Well, there was no putting off the fact that we had to put up some Christmas decorations today as we have a festive party at work next Sunday. While Mum went off to see the surgeon for a check up on her knee, I took all the decorations out of our store cupboard and tried to summon up some enthusiasm to do something with them!

Traditionally we have a little scene arranged under our two slides but they were both a little dusty so I've put off that job until next week, when Keith can help me clean them (he's off work with man flu today!).

I put up one Christmas tree and arranged baubles on the structure we bought at Ikea next week, which was an extremely fiddly job as none of them behaved themselves and kept slipping to the bottom of the "tree"! I have to say, though, that at the end of the day, when Mum had decorated another tree and Dad had put up some lights, the place looked very festive and pretty. There's nothing like some twinkling lights to brighten up the gloomiest of days!

There's also nothing like a spell in the gym to warm you up and I really enjoyed my session this evening. Sophie wimped out on me but I spent a very enjoyable hour working up a sweat and watching Pointless on one of the TV monitors...the other gym users must have thought I was crackers as I laughed away with Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman!


No comments: