Tuesday 26 November 2013

Good old girly gossip!

Although work looked lovely this morning when we walked in, it was a bit cold as one of our heaters had stopped working! Not a good thing on a frosty morning! This put all of us into a bit of a bad mood especially as the heater is above Reception and gives the customers a nice blast of warm air when they arrive. There's nothing like seeing customers huddled inside coats to make us feel bad! Luckily the engineers came out very quickly in the afternoon and managed to put it right without saying it needed an expensive part!

As we were quiet today I went off with Mum in search of a nautical outfit for the forthcoming Come Dine With Me on Friday. I fancied going as a pirate and found a great outfit in our local Fancy Dress shop. I even bought a parrot to wear on my arm!

Sue came around for a drink after work today and bought some delicious nibbles with her. I supplied the wine and she surprised me because I asked whether she wanted red or white and she went for a Rioja! I have this theory that even hardened white wine drinkers will eventually go over to the dark side!

We had a very pleasant couple of hours gossiping and putting the world to rights while Keith did the Army Cadet run. When Sue had gone we had a quick dinner and then it was off to pick Sophie up from her friend's house and then back over to Brixworth to pick up Mikey. I'm certainly clocking up the miles but I have to say on the way back home with all four of us in the car it was definitely much more comfortable!

No comments: