Saturday 16 November 2013

The first mince pie!

I was aiming for a lie-in this morning ( I was still awake at 11pm last night!) but I was up and about by 7.30am. Keith and I popped over to Audi this morning to take the V5 for the A1 so I could then reclaim the £500 security I'd paid on my credit card, as techically Vindis didn't own the car until I'd received it back from the DVLA with the original registration plate listed.

It's all very confusing, I have to say! I now have to take the retention certificate back to Vindis and they will make up my new plates for the A4. I sometimes wonder if it's all worth it to have my own plates on the car! Of course, the certificate was delivered to me this morning, about half an hour after getting back from the car showroom!

In the afternoon Sophie and I went over to Market Harborough (or Meerkat Harborough as we call it) for a spot of shopping. I had the first mince pie of the season in Caffe Nero with a cup of hot chocolate. Very indulgent!

We visited New Look (where else?) and bought some new books in Waterstones. We then had a mooch about the little shops which line the narrow back streets and I went in search of new salt and pepper pots as I have a couple of dinner parties coming up and I'm ashamed of what we have at the moment! However, the ones I saw in a posh cook shop were about £35 each...I'm not that ashamed!

By 3pm, we'd had enough and it was time to go home, in the gathering murk. Today has been grey and cold and perfect weather for the curry Keith had prepared!

No comments: