Thursday 21 November 2013

Busy...but a good day!

Today has been pretty frantic, but it's been very enjoyable!

Mum and I went to Ikea in Milton Keynes this morning to buy lots of goodies for work. It was also an excuse for me to take my car for a longer trip, but I still haven't driven it on the motorway! We bought lots of stuff before heading to the cafe for lunch and then I treated myself to a new lamp for the conservatory as the lights we have in there really aren't sufficient if we want to read or if the children want to do homework.

On the way back to work I called into the Audi dealership to get my personal plates fitted. Tim very kindly drove my car off to the workshop and within ten minutes my own plates were on the car. It's been a bit of a long complicated process but it's been worth it. I now feel as if I truly own the car. Vanity, yes, but for me it's lovely having my initials on my car.

From Audi we drove to Sophie's school to pick her up and then it was back to work for half an hour. I discovered that the wine I ordered the other day had been delivered. I used some Nectar points that we'd accumulated over the last year to buy eight bottles of wine to share with my Dad so we had a "divvy up" and I'm very pleased with the four robust reds I now have sitting on my wine rack...and all for just £1.25 each! Two of them are 14% so will be treated with respect!

From work Sophie and I drove over to Guilsborough as Sophie had a doctor's appointment and then it was home to a game of cards and a whisky and ginger ale in the conservatory with the new lamp. An enjoyable end to a busy day!

No comments: