Saturday 22 June 2013

Walking in a green tunnel

Today has flown by, as most weekends do!

I went for a lovely walk in the afternoon and was astounded at how much the vegetation has grown over the last week or so. Walking over the fields the grass was very long and at times it felt like being in a green tunnel! I charged up the hill feeling great and did the walk itself in under an hour. Keith met me with a sandwich and a cup of tea which was just what I needed!

After I picked Sophie up from work, we headed off to Costa Coffee for a drink (I stuck to sparkling water as all the cakes now have the amount of calories next to them!). A sobering moment came when a very large lady was taken ill and a paramedic called. She was eventually taken away in an ambulance but it did make me think about my own fitness and how glad I am that I've started going back to the gym. I now just need to lose some more weight!

After our drink we wandered over to Boots and I treated myself to some pampering products and then it was home to relax before a very hot curry for dinner. As there was absolutely nothing on TV and we couldn't agree on anything to watch (I did see Sideways earlier with a glass of red wine) we took the cats for a late walk. They love being with us despite Mikey spending most of the time chasing them!


No comments: