Monday 10 June 2013

Glum Monday!

So yesterday I ticked off another of my Bucket List goals:

  1. Visit Saltaire near Bradford - a Victorian model village built by Sir Titus Salt for his mill workers. 
  2. Drive to Berlin (maybe a bit dodgy this one but I'm going to persevere).
  3. Visit a UK Christmas Market.
  4. Walk through Dovedale in the Peak District.
  5. Make a Christmas cake.
  6. Write a short story - it's about time I got back into my writing.
  7. Visit Coton Manor Gardens.
  8. Climb at least one of the highest mountains in the UK - either Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis or Snowdon (hmmm...got to get that treadmill at the gym on a higher incline...)
  9. Visit Portmeirion in Wales.
  10. Ride one of the scarier roller coasters when we visit Florida, but NOT the Hulk!
  11. Visit the National Gallery.
  12. Read Wuthering Heights.
  13. Grow a Sunflower from seed.
Another three are in the pipeline! We've booked to drive to Berlin in July, my ascent of Ben Nevis has been arranged and Keith and I are planning to go to Saltaire at the end of June.

Today has been another grey and overcast day - very miserable and chilly for June. I wish the weather would cheer up a bit! We got a lot of things done at work and then it was off to the gym afterwards for a shorter workout than normal as I was feeling a bit weary!

No comments: