Friday 21 June 2013

Summer Solstice

Typically, the longest day of the year (or the shortest night, whichever way you look at it) dawned dull and grey. I really didn't want to get up this morning and I had a hard time being at work as well!

We are facing a lot of interviews next week as Laura who works on Reception for us is leaving in mid-July. We really need to get someone responsible and reliable but I hate interviewing as it's a process I don't trust. I always think people are false at interview so the plan is to ask promising ones back and then maybe get them to come in for an hour at the weekend to work with Polly and see how they get on.

We had the first interview this afternoon, only the woman didn't bother to turn up or even phone me to say she couldn't make it. What a good start!

After work, to try and get rid of my bad mood, Sophie and I went to the gym for the first time this week. Sophie didn't feel like working out so she went downstairs to the spa while I did work hard! I spent 15 minutes on the crosstrainer at quite a good speed, 15 minutes on the bike while watching Pointless and then 10 minutes on the treadmill at the incline on 8% (I also did my weights) so I felt very pleased with myself afterwards (and maybe looked a bit red-faced!).

I knew Sophie was waiting for me so rather than have a shower at the gym we headed home and I had one there. It was bliss to sit down afterwards and watch Neighbours!


No comments: