Saturday 15 June 2013

Another busy Saturday!

I did promise myself a quiet weekend but I've been rushing around again today as it's Father's Day tomorrow and my husband miraculously morphs into a second father at this time of the year as the children always "seem" to forget!

Before I took Sophie to work I started on the household chores as I really couldn't leave cleaning the house any longer. Keith is great at doing the washing, the ironing and the cooking and he'll put the hoover around every day but a little more in-depth cleaning was definitely required today! There was a beautiful breeze blowing so I changed our bed and put all the washing out on the line, took Sophie to work and cleaned all the rooms except for the children's bedrooms (I don't go into Mikey's any more) and the bathroom (Keith can do that for me next week!).

By 3pm I'd more or less finished so I showered and then drove down to Riverside to buy a new iPod cable for Mikey as he'd broken his second one (the one we bought for him at Gatwick back in March...). It was then time to pick up Sophie and head over to Market Harborough to go and see Duncan and buy some alcoholic treats for my father and my husband. Dad was treated to a bottle of Finlaggan Islay Malt while Duncan and I picked out five ales for Keith. They all had to be non-bottle conditioned which was a bit hard as Duncan seems to be a fan of this type of beer, but Keith does not like the sediment that can sometimes make the drink a little cloudy.

We staggered out of the shop and left our purchases in the boot of my car which was handily parked right outside the shop - bonus! - and then had a well-deserved treat in Caffe Nero. Well, us girls need a little pamper, too, don't we?!

Sophie had a quick peek in New Look and then we headed to Waitrose to get some more goodies for tomorrow night's family meal. I'm a fan of Waitrose but I didn't go much on this branch which was small and dark and didn't seem to have a lot of choice. I bought some more cold meats and a bottle of wine and then we headed home for a relaxed evening. At last!

No comments: