Sunday 16 June 2013

Father's Day

Well, Keith had a lazy day today which he thoroughly deserved! Sophie and I left him to watch the cricket while we went to the gym, which was blissfully quiet. I had a long chat with Liam about our latest find, The Olde England pub and it appears both of us are fans. I found out that there is bar downstairs in the cellar which stocks even more beers so we are definitely going to go back, hopefully with Sarah and Liam for a night out.

Sophie and I worked hard and then relaxed in the spa before going home and doing very little in the afternoon. I prepared dinner as Mum and Dad were coming to celebrate Father's Day - lots of cold meats, quiche and salad. Perfect for a summer day, although I don't think the weather knew it was supposed to be warm and sunny!

We had a lovely evening and Dad was very happy with his whisky. Keith had been dipping into his beers since the early evening so he was in a very mellow mood, just right for Father's Day!

No comments: