Monday 18 March 2013

Why is everyone so angry?

It's been a busy day today and when I got home tonight I was shattered! I decided, in a moment of madness, to empty and clean out our biggest ballpond at work and what a job it was! I put all the balls into bags (there must have been twenty bags) and then thoroughly hoovered and sanitised the vinyl flooring. That wasn't so bad...it was putting them all back and wiping over the ones that looked a bit grubby that was hard work!

Keith and Ian took pity on me and I asked if they could go and get me some more balls we had in storage in the unit outside. They were right at the back of the unit so getting to them was a bit difficult, like a lateral rock climb over everything else that was stored in there! They managed it, though, and before long we had a mass of brightly coloured new balls heaped up in the ballpond. We kept four bags of the old ones and chucked out the others as they'd lasted 13 years and really had had it!

When I went to pick Sophie up from school I had a run-in with a very nasty man indeed who was clearly very angry about parents parking near the school to pick up their children. He banged on my window and shouted at me about the sign that said to keep the road clear from 8am until 4pm. As most parents wait for no more than about ten minutes and really have no choice but to pick up their children I thought he was being a bit unfair. He proceeded to shout at the woman parked in front of me as well and held up all the traffic while he carried on his ranting.

I agree that the situation near the school at drop off and pick up times is horrendous but a lot of parents have no choice. I sometimes wish now that we'd paid the £600 fee for Sophie to take the bus as it would have cut out a lot of hassle. It just brings home to me how everyone is so angry these days and how quick some people are to shout and rant over the smallest of things (like my lady in the supermarket the other week!). It's something I find quite worrying, to be honest, all this pent up stress and anger people have boiling away inside them and it only takes a tiny mistake or a small thoughtless action to trigger it off.

We went to the gym after work and I felt all the worries and stress melt away in the warmth of the spa. Bliss at last!

No comments: