Tuesday 19 March 2013

Preparing for the off!

This time next week, Tuesday will be my last day at work so I spent a lot of time with Mum going through all the things I do so she'll have no problem taking over while I'm on holiday. Unfortunately two big things need to be done while I'm away...the VAT has to be submitted and paid (grrr!) and the new payroll system kicks in in the second week of my holiday, the Real Time Information, which should be fun!

I upgraded our Payroll system with the disc that Sage sent me and agreed to spend another £565 with them to take out their cover for another two years with the added RTI system. I personally think that it's daylight robbery as we had no choice but to upgrade with all the new things coming in this year. We've never really had to use the helpline but it's vital we have a security blanket should anything go wrong!

I also, as a treat, booked us all into an airport lounge at Gatwick before we fly. I'm not a fan of Gatwick as it's a busy airport and I thought it would be lovely to be able to relax and take advantage of the free food, drink, wifi and newspapers! Sophie was very pleased when I told her there were iPod docking stations in there!

The idea was to go for a walk when I got home but we had some rowdy customers in at work so we were late leaving and then when I did get home I had a long chat with Jenny who lives down the road. By the time we said goodbye it was too late to go so I had no choice but to relax on the sofa with my recorded episode of Neighbours!

No comments: