Sunday 17 March 2013

It's snowing!

We woke up late this morning (9am!) to snow falling steadily out of a grey sky. This was unexpected as I just thought we were going to be in for a rainy Sunday!

Keith and I went to get the newspaper and called in to see Mum and Dad on the way home and while we were there the snow fell thick and fast. On the way home I imagined we would be holed up in the house for the rest of the day but by 1pm it had all gone...crazy weather!

Sophie and I ventured to the gym again and this time the main pool was open and very quiet indeed. We swam happily for 45 minutes and then I sat under the water jets in the jacuzzi and let them ease the muscles in my neck. Bliss! We popped into the cafe for a quick drink afterwards and watched three young children run riot while their parents just sat and watched. How there wasn't an accident with hot drinks, I do not know...perhaps it's time to find an adult only gym!

Back home I prepared the veggies for dinner...I have volunteered to cook the Sunday roast today to give Keith a break as Newcastle are playing as I write. It's been a while since I cooked a roast but I'm looking forward to doing it for a change...at least I can get out of the washing up!

No comments: