Friday 22 March 2013

Getting into holiday mode!

We awoke to a light dusting of snow this morning which is incredible seeing as this time last year it was so warm and sunny. Mum and I went in early to do the cleaning as Jeanette had taken the day off so that was another chore we could have done without! When I woke this morning I really just wanted today to be over as then I felt we would be on the downward slope to the holiday

Luckily we had an extra member of staff in today as we had two lunchtime parties and we certainly weren't as busy as last week. I tried to get up to date with as much as I could and then before I knew it, it was time to pick Sophie up from work and head home.

No gym tonight, as Keith and I went out (in the falling snow) to The Griffin's Head at Mears Ashby, which is about fifteen minutes drive away. Again, it's been ages since we've been there and we weren't sure what to expect as the Landlord that used to run The Royal Oak in Walgrave had just recently left. Well, the car park was full which is always a good sign and Keith managed to squeeze the Audi into a tiny space, something I wouldn't even have attempted!

The lounge bar was packed with locals but we grabbed a seat at the bar and had a very pleasant hour and a half relaxing. Both Keith and I are slipping slowly into holiday mode now, despite the falling snow outside!

No comments: