Monday 25 March 2013

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Well it was our last visit to the gym tonight, and after scrubbing the floors all day I really didn't feel like going! Luckily Sophie just wanted to go down to the spa so we lolled about in the warm water and all my aching muscles felt much better when we got out to go home (we did swim a few lengths!).

It was Sophie's last day at school so she said goodbye to all her friends and then immediately said she missed them already! Two of her friends will be in the US at the same time as us, but thankfully not in the same place (!) and I'm sure she'll be able to keep up with what they're doing on Facebook! I'm getting so excited about the holiday now, but there's always (for me anyway) a certain amount of wistfulness when I realise that it's the last time I'll see someone or do something for a little while! It doesn't last long as the excitement of going away always replaces that slight feeling of missing our routine or seeing friends and family. Yes, I know I'm strange!

No comments: