Thursday 7 March 2013

Teenagers!

I arrived home after a busy (and to be honest, quite a stressful day) to a huge argument between Mikey and Keith. It was all about a blind in Mikey's room that he'd broken for a second time. Earlier, Keith had tripped over the hoover and had hit his head on the wall so he wasn't in the best of moods!  Unfortunately Mikey was rather rude to his dad and the outcome was Keith throwing the blind at his son down the stairs, and some fruity language!

I went downstairs to talk to Mike but he was putting his shoes on and was very upset indeed. He flounced out of the house and I just assumed he would go and sit in the garage like he's done in the past. I went back upstairs to find Keith muttering angrily as he tried to mend the broken blind so I helped him with that and tried to get him to calm down, not the easiest of tasks!

Back downstairs I went outside to get Mikey to come in but he was nowhere to be seen. I shouted his name and went out into the garden, but he'd gone. It was pouring with rain so I got into the car and drive around the estate but he wasn't about. I then drove half way to the village but he couldn't have gone far in the time so I turned around and headed back to our mother village but I couldn't see him there either. Feeling a bit worried now, and very stressed, I returned home and called my Mum to discover he was there, very upset and soaked through.

So it was back in the car and up to Mum's to have a chat with him and to try and reassure my parents that this happens occasionally with my headstrong family. As they only had one dutiful daughter they're not really used to teenage boys!

Back home I could finally relax for a little while before we went out to Sophie's award ceremony at the school in the evening. She had gained an award for "Hard Work and Commitment Consistently Shown in Studies" so we were very proud of her. The ceremony lasted for about an hour with musical interludes from talented students so it was a very pleasant evening after a bit of a stressy day!


No comments: