Saturday 23 March 2013

Is it Easter next week...or Christmas?

I was up very early this morning (I have no idea why) and was astounded to see a decent covering of snow. Last night it looked like it wasn't going to settle but this morning we had a winter wonderland! To be honest, I think the whole of the country is utterly fed up with this winter dragging on and on. I was looking forward so much to a few days of warm sunshine leading up to our holiday and I had no idea that it would be like this!

After we dropped Sophie off at work we drove to a nearby Farm Shop (where we bought our Christmas veggies, funnily enough!) and bought vegetables for tomorrow and Monday and some freshly baked rolls for lunch. There was a lot of choice and I had to stop myself from buying lots of delicious goodies!

The rest of the day was spent giving the house a good clean and washing endless mounds of clothes, all of which I would liked to have dried on the line in the garden with sunshine and a warm breeze to make them smell heavenly! No chance of that today as the snow has fallen ever since I got up this morning and it's forecast to continue overnight!

Sophie and I weren't in the mood for the gym tonight (I'm not in a mood for anything to be honest, although a beautiful sunset and a mooch about the garden would be welcome) so we went home, curled up on the sofa and watched the snow fall out of a grey and miserable sky!

No comments: