Friday 8 March 2013

Another argument!

Today was one of the busiest we've ever had at work and caught us completely by surprise. Luckily we were able to get Martha in to help over lunchtime, but although it's great we're busy, it wasn't the most pleasant of days! We had a group of women in who use slings to carry their babies around with them and I couldn't help watching them gently stoke their offspring's head and think that in about 15 years that little bundle of joy will turn into a moody and truculent teenager! I really don't think that babies and toddlers are hard work...it's the teenage years that are definitely the hardest!

This was demonstrated later in the day when Sophie was in at work with us and Mum asked her what gig she was going to next week. Along with her friends, she was going to see Lewis Watson in Cambridge and I'd been dreading it because her friend's sister was driving and I am always superstitious about going on long journeys before a holiday...the girl who was driving wasn't very old and I was worried about accidents...silly, I know, but there you are.

Sophie called up Lewis Watson's website on the computer and then was horrified to find that he'd had to postpone the gig until May. Unfortunately I made my very happy feelings only too clear and almost danced around the office in delight, which didn't go down very well with my daughter who was understandably disappointed. She went into a major mood and another argument ensued!

We were supposed to have been going to the gym but I called Keith to ask him to cancel his Friday drink with Dave and could we go out instead? I needed time away from my children!

When I got home Keith was in the bath so I chatted to him about the argument with Sophie and we decided to go to The Queen's Arms in Orlingbury, a pub we hadn't been to for years. The fog which had been around all day (so miserable!) was even thicker and the journey over to the village was horrible, especially as there were no markings on the road!

However, the trip was worth it as the pub was lovely - very cosy and with a great atmosphere and the bar staff were chatty and friendly. After a couple of glasses of wine and a good chat I felt a lot better and I was very glad it was Friday evening and this horrible week was over at last!

No comments: