Monday 11 March 2013

It's SO cold!!

Today has been bitterly cold with a wind coming straight from Siberia, apparently! As I write it's snowing outside and the wind is howling. Spring???

After a busy-ish day, Sophie and I went off to the gym as usual but we were alarmed to find an ambulance and a paramedic car parked outside. On the gym floor we saw a team of paramedics working on someone by the treadmill so we were a bit reluctant to go and do our workout. The pool was also closed, probably because some little darling had done something in it that they shouldn't...

We decided to go straight to the spa where we wallowed for about half an hour, hoping that whoever needed emergency help was OK. It was blissful to be warm and I stood under the water jets and felt them ease the knots in my neck and shoulder muscles. I've told Sophie that, whatever the weather, we're going for a walk tomorrow, whether she likes it or not!

No comments: