Sunday 10 March 2013

Return of winter

This morning we awoke to snow. Not much of it, but snow nonetheless! Spring is definitely on hold at the moment!

As it's Mother's Day today, I was treated to flowers, chocolates and wine...what more could I ask for? Keith took Mikey to Army camp again while I stayed at home in the warm. Despite the sleety snow, it was a miserable, horrible day so to cheer myself up I started packing!

At lunchtime Sophie and I headed off to the gym for a swim and a session in the beautifully warm spa before having a bite to eat and then going to get Mikey. He'd had a brilliant time and had earned himself the badge for his beret. Back home it was time for some relaxation, a read of the papers and a phonecall from mum to say they were stuck in traffic on the M25. They had been down to Kent to take Nan out for Mother's Day lunch and were calling in to see us on the way home for a drink. It was a shame that we couldn't all go down but with Mikey being at camp it was impossible.

They eventually arrived just before 7pm and Mum opened her card from me and was delighted with the Virgin Beauty vouchers...perhaps we can go together and have a lovely treatment!

No comments: