Sunday 24 March 2013

Drifting along...

It's been a busy day, but a good one!

We awoke to a deeper layer of snow this morning and there were still thin little flakes falling out of the sky. We'd arranged to go to Milton Keynes to get one of Sophie's Birthday presents and despite the snow falling we went anyway...it takes a lot to deter me!

There was a long queue to get in the covered multi-storey (I wonder why!) so we gave up and drove to the other end of the shopping centre and parked outside John Lewis. This was my first proper time in the department store since it had all been changed and I'm still not a fan. We made our way up to the second floor to The Place to Eat and I found it quite dark and oppressive in there, with the low ceilings not really helping much! However, we enjoyed delicious bowls of Moroccan chicken soup and were amazed at how much choice was on offer.

Mum bought Sophie some new hair straighteners back on the ground floor and then we walked the entire length of the centre to New Look so Sophie could spend the gift card she had with her, an Easter gift from my mum.

And me? I didn't buy anything although I did have a peek at the iPads in John Lewis on the way back to the car but I resisted...I was tempted to get myself one for the holiday rather than take my laptop but I think it's an unnecessary luxury. I may well get one when my laptop dies!

We called into Mum and Dad's for a cup of tea and a cake, and then in an effort to undo some of the damage caused by eating too much chocolate this weekend I called Keith to ask if he wanted to go for a walk when I got home. He agreed, which was a bonus!

When I got home Mikey was all set to come with us which was another bonus! I think the snow may have helped! We couldn't believe how deep the drifts were over the fields - Keith stood in one and it came up to his knees! I've never seen the snow so deep in all the years we've lived here. We had a lovely, if very cold walk and I felt very good walking up the big hill...all the sessions in the gym are certainly working!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,

We went for our usual walk round our villageon Sunday,along the country road and back into the village and where the snow had drifted through the gaps in the hedges it was quite high and we each took a few photos of us up to our knees and bums {i'm 5'1"} and it gave villagers a laugh as we tried to walk through the drifts.Glad you enjoyed your walk and hope you all enjoy your holiday when it comes.They are forecasting more snow for us on Friday into Saturday and although it looks nice we could do with some warmer weather now...

Wendyx

Janie said...

Hello Wendy! I think it's high time Spring arrived! I love this weather in the depths of winter, but not when it's supposed to be Springtime! I forgot to say we saw lots of little lambs on our walk...they were staying close to mum because it was so cold! Thank you for the holiday wishes...getting very excited now!

Janie xx