Saturday 9 March 2013

I get some time to myself!

Today has been very busy, but enjoyable nonetheless (at last!). Mikey has an Army Cadet camp this weekend and he had to be at the barracks in town at 8.30am. We managed to get him down there early and then we drove off to Booker as a couple of things had been forgotten yesterday...

Mum and Dad were also in at work, poor things, as one of the weekend cleaners was out and Dad had to change the oil in the fryers...what a lovely job! We unpacked the stuff from the car and had a welcome cup of coffee before heading home for breakfast.

At lunchtime it was back to work to drop Sophie off and then I went to the gym to make up for not going yesterday. I had a lovely time on my own, exercising on the cross-trainer, the treadmill and the bike and then going down for a 20 minute swim which was bliss as the pool was very quiet. I finished my session in the steam room and the jacuzzi and felt wonderful! It was bliss to have some time to myself!

From the gym I went to Jones's to get some more stuff for work (we just haven't been able to get out during the week) and to get some toiletries for Sophie and me. I bought some sun tan lotion...I am so looking forward to sunshine and blue skies as today has been another grey, cold day with snow forecast for tomorrow and Monday, would you believe! I'm sure this time last year we were having warm weather! I met Angie (our former cook) in the store and we had a chat about her new job and how busy we've been at work since she left!

Back home I just had time to make myself a quick sandwich before it was time to go and pick Sophie up and then head to the gym again! I have to admit I had been banking on Sophie working until 6pm today but she wanted picking up at 4.15 so off we went and we didn't do much as the pool was very busy. So glad I'd had a good swim earlier!

In the evening I really fancied watching something about Florida. A Place in Sun - Home or Away would have been perfect but we settled for Bizarre Foods America which was all about the Sunshine State and some of the weird things people eat away from all the theme parks and big cities...squirrel brains, anyone??!


No comments: