Tuesday 26 March 2013

Last day!

I always imagine leaving work before a holiday and feeling wonderful, but the reality is somewhat different! I did as much as I could to leave things ready for Mum and took off an hour in the afternoon to get my little car washed as I didn't want to leave it covered in salt for two weeks. I went to a hand car wash on the other side of town and was very impressed with the job they did. My salt-encrusted "grey" Audi emerged all black and shiny and it only cost a fiver! I did tip the man washing it though, as I was so pleased with the results!

By 4pm I was ready to speed home, pick up Sophie and go off to get our hair cut. I bid a slightly emotional farewell to my parents (heaven help us if we ever decided to emigrate or move to another part of the country!) and drove off, not feeling elated as I imagined I would, but a bit worried about mundane things like the Payroll and hoping that Easter wouldn't be totally manic for the people I've left behind!

We had our hair chopped by a few inches and then it was home to finish off the packing and check all our documents, and a good thing it was too, as we'd forgotten to print off our e-ticket...Ah, those were the days when the travel companies would send you proper tickets two weeks before you went. Now, you have to print off everything yourself!

Keith and I both took Mikey to Army Cadets as he'd been muttering about a Camp Weekend and we were under the impression it was the weekend when we arrived back home. Luckily, it wasn't as if it had been, there was no way he would have been able to go, seeing as the Cadets are leaving on the Friday evening! I have a feeling we may all suffer from jetlag again!

No comments: