Thursday 31 January 2013

Checking out the competition!

Just by chance I bought the local newspaper today and we discovered that a local woman is planning to open an Indoor Play Centre, just like ours, not far from us at all (near to the gym, in fact). The play area will be in an empty warehouse unit of about 26,000 square feet, so very big indeed. Naturally, we were very curious as it's been a fair while since a new place has opened up near to us, so as Sophie wanted to go to Boots on the way home, we went and had a look.

It's only at the planning stage yet, but I will be watching with interest. They plan to open late June/early July (as we did) which in my opinion, is a mistake. We opened two weeks before the school summer holidays as we thought we would be busy, but how wrong we were! Far better to open just in time for the October half term and then benefit from the horrible winter weather before the summer starts to affect sales! The warehouse unit was still being offered to let and was tucked away right at the back of the industrial estate so I will be awaiting events with interest! The woman who is opening the centre bemoaned the fact that there was nowhere in Northampton for her children to play...really??

In the evening I went out with my three friends, Lynda, Fiona and Andrea. Fiona and Andrea also have girls the same age as Sophie so we swapped horror stories. Sophie is planning on a group holiday to Europe by train this summer which I was feeling a bit apprehensive about, until Andrea told me her daughter is going to Magaluf in Mallorca! Hmmm!

We had a good gossip over some delicious Indian food at the Imli Lounge in Northampton and Keith drove me there and back so I was able to enjoy a glass or two of South African Pinotage. Delicious!

No comments: