Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow much snow!

It has snowed all day today - little thin flakes that mounted up and left quite a covering! I felt sure that I would be called into work for some reason or other, but everything was fine, with most children that had been invited to parties turning up. Only one party cancelled and re-booked.

Keith and I went for a walk in the morning to see the hardy sledgers having fun racing down one of the hills behind the village. It wasn't a brilliant day for scenic photography as the sky was grey and misty but I did take some shots of the countryside blanketed by snow. I took them with my phone so they're not brilliant, but they do sum up the weather very well!







We called into the pub for a quick drink (well it would have been rude not to!) and then it was home for some warming tomato soup and an afternoon spent doing very little, just watching the constant snow falling out of a dull grey sky!

No comments: