Friday 1 February 2013

The birds!

Just after I arrived at work this morning I went to put out some food for the birds and saw our little robin sitting on the fence watching me. He was so close I could have touched him! They are certainly brave and fearless little birds and he happily pecked away at some bread as I stood and watched him!

Later, as Keith and I went off to Booker, we noticed loads of birds (crows or rooks?) sitting up in the trees overlooking the car park...hmmm! It's getting too much like an Alfred Hitchcock film for my liking! How do they know that there'll be food available? Spooky!

Work was extremely busy again, more like a school holiday rather than a normal term-time day, so our popularity remains undimmed...for the time being anyway!

I really did not feel like going to the gym after work as I'd been on my feet all day, but we went and once there I didn't feel tired any more. Slipping into the warm waters of the jacuzzi was wonderful, though, and I felt all my aches disappear!

I popped into the pub early to pick up Keith and had a drink with him and Dave, which made a relaxing end to the day. I was even prepared to buy them both a pint but as I walked through the door Keith had just paid for the drinks, so too late...maybe another day! Haha!

Last night I finished Wuthering Heights so I have done one thing on my Bucket List!

  1. Visit Saltaire near Bradford - a Victorian model village built by Sir Titus Salt for his mill workers. 
  2. Drive to Berlin (maybe a bit dodgy this one but I'm going to persevere).
  3. Visit a UK Christmas Market.
  4. Walk through Dovedale in the Peak District.
  5. Make a Christmas cake.
  6. Write a short story - it's about time I got back into my writing.
  7. Visit Coton Manor Gardens.
  8. Climb at least one of the highest mountains in the UK - either Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis or Snowdon (hmmm...got to get that treadmill at the gym on a higher incline...)
  9. Visit Portmeirion in Wales.
  10. Ride one of the scarier roller coasters when we visit Florida, but NOT the Hulk!
  11. Visit the National Gallery.
  12. Read Wuthering Heights.
  13. Grow a Sunflower from seed.
It's February already!

No comments: