Monday 28 January 2013

Amazing!

I never fail to be amazed by technology. This evening, in the gym changing room, I downloaded two songs onto my phone...just like that! I know that youngsters of today take this sort of thing as a God given right, but coming from a background where music was only available on big vinyl discs, I still find it wonderful what we can now do!

It made me think about music and how a certain song can take me straight back to an event or remind me of people even though many years may have passed. I know I've blogged about Christopher Cross and Sailing before, but even after 30 years that can still transport me back to the Italian sunshine!

At the moment I'm enjoying lots of songs with Sophie that I hope will bring back these memories in years to come, maybe when she has children of her own. It's bizarre to think that when (hopefully) I'm in my eighties I'll still be listening to Charlie Simpson or You Me at Six and remembering the journeys to and from the gym when we sang along to the music in the car!

By the way, I downloaded The Script's Hall of Fame and Florence and the Machine's Spectrum (Say My Name). Both very good for getting the blood pumping on the crosstrainer!

No comments: