Tuesday 22 January 2013

Arrggh! Teenagers!

It's hard to believe that in a few days I will be the mother of two teenagers, when sometimes I feel as if I'm still one myself!

Today we have been in a stress over Sophie's exam photos that she has to have professionally printed. I was only told about this on Friday with a deadline of a week. As most of the shops developing prints in large sizes have closed down with the advent of digital photography, it's proving a bit hard to find somewhere that develops A3 sized prints instantly, which is what Sophie needs. Both Tesco and Boots are quite happy to do normal sizes in an hour but larger sizes have to be ordered and sent away. It's such a shame as we used to have a branch of Kodak right next to us at work who would have been more than happy to oblige!

Anyway, after another big row this morning I found a shop that will print poster sizes instantly, but at a price. We estimate that printing off all her exam entries is going to cost in the region of about £80...a sum of money I wasn't really budgeting for this week, with Mikey's Birthday looming on Saturday!

As if all this wasn't bad enough, we have had really nasty weather today with the threat of more snow tomorrow, just as our new equipment is due to be delivered. Everywhere is grey and slushy and the salt has discoloured both my normal smart black boots and my walking boots which I've been wearing today. We put some more grit down in the car park this morning in bright sunlight which gave way to horrible fog. I'm really not liking this weather at the moment...roll on Spring!

No comments: