Monday 21 January 2013

Disruption!

As I guessed, the school was closed today so the children spent all day at home. It must have carried on snowing for most of the night as the roads and paths were well covered when we woke up. It wasn't so much that it stopped us going into work, though, and we had a hard job on our hands to dismantle our old Tots area to make way for some new equipment that is being installed on Wednesday.

At first, we didn't think it would happen this week so it came as a bit of a shock to find that Guy had pencilled us in for either Tuesday or Wednesday! Ian and Keith started working on the framework while I popped over to the bank and bought lunch.

In the afternoon I cleared away all the balls and began tidying up after the men. It was hard work and I was beginning to think that we would never finish! The scaffolding poles that made up the framework were dismantled, stripped of the vinyl and then stored. They were very heavy! We also had several large pieces of padded panels and a slide so there was plenty to take down!

My job was to empty the ballpond and there were thousands of balls! I added them to our other ballponds and when we finished I felt sweaty and dirty. No gym for us tonight, I'm afraid! It was straight home and into the bath!

Before

Before

During...

What a mess!



Snow shovels have other uses, you know!

All ready for the next stage!

No comments: